The overall goal is to provide strategic leadership in relation to disaster management, hardware/software analysis, architecture – infrastructure & security. As an ICT Technical Engineer, you will be responsible for all IT infrastructures (networks (LAN, WAN), servers, system software and tools, etc.) for OM Ships (Mosbach, Ships, Florence, remote users, etc.) in order for OMSI to be able to efficiently and effectively operate its IT tools.
What will be your tasks and responsibilities in this role?
- Security - Play a significant role in designing and implementing our security systems in order to help ensure our IT systems are safe.
- Business Continuity - Responsible for the establishment and execution of a Business Continuity Plan (BCP), including the components of required redundancy, UPS, and back-up/recovery in order to ensure business continuity of the IT systems. Provide a solution or solicit help from others.
- Hardware/Software - Direct the analysis, selection, and ongoing maintenance of all hardware and system software components and tools in order to achieve the ICT strategy.
What are the requirements (skills/competencies) for this role?
- Minimum preferred requirement: 3 years in similar role.
- Knowledge of Operating Systems, Hardware, Application Software, Local & Wide Area Networking, ICT Security & Business Continuity.
This is an onshore role based in either Florence, SC (US); Carlisle (UK), Mosbach (Germany) or remotely.