The overall goal is to support the administration of ICT functions in order to help ensure continuity of work for all users of IT. As an ICT Support Engineer, you will respond to the daily help desk requests and deliver solutions in order to help ensure end users can operate systems with as little as interruption as possible.
What will be your tasks and responsibilities in this role?
- Maintain the help desk system.
- Respond to tickets within 1 working day.
- Provide a solution or solicit help from others.
- Create and maintain a knowledge base for user self help.
- Software systems - Maintaining software from on shore based hardware and integrated systems in order to ensure systems are up to date to prevent security breaches and users operate these system correctly.
- Hardware procurement - Purchase hardware agreed by the ICT Operations Manager in order to ensure a stable and reliable ICT platform is provided for OM Ships and end-users.
What are the requirements (skills/competencies) for this role?
- Basic computer skills, with some knowledge of Microsoft and other operating systems.
- Some knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products
- Computer and ICT solutions
- Software programs like MS Office and others
- Computer skills
This is an onshore role based in either Florence, SC (US); Carlisle (UK), Mosbach (Germany) or remotely.